I hear that conditions are very good (aka Dry!) and the weather is lining up nicely for the weekend for a climb.
Meet at Lake O Hara Parking lot at 245pm Saturday and travel to Lake O hara via the 330pm bus Saturday. Hike to Abbot Pass. Bivy overnight, Climb Victoria via SE ridge and return to Abbot Pass and bus. Likely back on the 430 or 630pm bus and back to YYC late Sunday evening.
Depending on the participants we could consider descending the SW Face and/or attempting Huber. This would be dependent on team experience, skill and our speed among other factors.
** Trip only runs if I can secure a bivy permit for Abbot Pass. Can discuss alternatives like Lunette (if road is open from fires) or E ridge of Bell if we can't get the permits.
Must be comfortable with exposed scrambling and have experience mountaineering to handle up to low fifth class climbing, a possible rappel and ice climbing to 50 degrees in the Sickle.
If we haven't climbed together recently send me a quick email at: John.McMechan@yahoo.ca explaining your experience, fitness, previous trips this season and why your a good fit for the trip.
Required Items to Bring:
Bivy gear, climbing gear including steel crampons and stiff boots, proper mountain axe, helmet etc. The exact list to be discussed with participants. Food, water.
How to Get There:
Lake O Hara Parking lot.
Carpool Departure Time:
TBD, Can discuss depending on the group
Waiver: Everyone attending this event will be required to sign the
at the beginning of the event. Read the waiver carefully to ensure you fully
understand it. If possible, please print and fill it out except for
the signature fields before arriving at the event.
*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.
Trip Feedback If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.
Registration for this event closed on Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 11:59 PM.