-- This trip is for registered & paid BITS Participants ONLY --
BITS Program - 2021-2022- Trip 3 Group B
This will be the third BITS trip of the year, and is for participants placed in Group B.
This will be a moderate day with a focus on backcountry and avalanche safety skills. The location will be determined prior to the trip based on conditions and weather.
Please ensure that you re-read the information provided in the BITS program sign up (Dec 18 event) with regards to gear, homework and trip planning.
Your leader should contact you via e-mail 5-7 days prior to the trip to discuss location/timing/preparation. If you are unable to make this trip, please withdraw yourself via the calendar and let your trip leader know.
We ask that you please pre-fill and print out the waiver in advance. Do NOT sign - that needs to be done in person. We suggest bringing your own pen. If printing is an issue, please let you leader know in advance.
If you have any questions, please contact the BITS coordinator: email@example.com
Required Items to Bring:
AT Skis or Splitboard, Skins, Poles, Avy Gear
Antennae beacon, shovel, probe), warm layers,
mittens/gloves, toque, food, water, ski straps,
other gear as per the gear list in the
Face mask & hand sanitizer
Recommended Items to Bring:
Helmet, sunscreen, lip protection, neck gaiter
Trips will be either in the national parks or in Kananaskis Country. Participants are responsible for having the appropriate passes for their vehicle.
The Calgary Section COVID-19 policy is outlined here. If you have any questions, please contact the BITS coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to your trip.
Waiver: Everyone attending this event will be required to sign the
at the beginning of the event. Read the waiver carefully to ensure you fully
understand it. If possible, please print and fill it out except for
the signature fields before arriving at the event.
Cancellation/Partial Attendance: Please review our participant responsibility guidelines!
Addendum to policy below: Refunds will be
considered if a participant has to withdraw
from at least 2 of 3 BITS trips for COVID
isolation/quarantine related reasons. Please
contact the BITS coordinator if applicable.
*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.
Trip Feedback If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.
Registration for this event closed on Friday, February 11, 2022 at 04:00 PM.