This trip will be a weekender down to Whitefish Montana. The event taking place will depend on border/Covid conditions with the hope that we can cross freely with proof of vaccination and safe conditions on both sides of the border. If PCR tests are still required we will discuss as a group.
Friday night/early Saturday morning - Head down to Whitefish. We will plan to be at the resort at 9am on Saturday. Keeners can come early and skin up the mountain for a pre-meeting lap. We will ski the resort access backcountry (Canyon creek and area off Flower Point chair, Hellroaring, or other lift access backcountry) on Saturday (and probably finish with some Nachos at the Hellroaring pub!) Participants will need a lift ticket for that day. Whitefish sells loyalty cards for $50 that save $10 after your second ticket, and $30 a ticket from there (USD) to save on cost, or we can look for ski and stay packages to bring the price down. Hang out in Whitefish/Kalispell on Saturday night, then either repeat the resort or head somewhere in Glacier National Park for some touring on Sunday. If Covid conditions are safe for it, we can look at an air BnB or similar shared accomodations. If not participants will need to arrange their own. There are a variety of reasonably priced hotels and hostels in Whitefish and Kalispell.
Minimum AST1 and some backcountry skiing/splitboarding experience is required. The days won't be huge or fast, but expect to earn your turns. If we haven't ridden together please email me a summary of your experience.
Waiver: Everyone attending this event will be required to sign the
at the beginning of the event. Read the waiver carefully to ensure you fully
understand it. If possible, please print and fill it out except for
the signature fields before arriving at the event.
*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.
Trip Feedback If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.
Registration for this event closed on Wednesday, February 02, 2022 at 12:00 AM.