Info for Participants - Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1w__8OyjF5Az0hwlKA4taDcw2Bp12MjcK?usp=sharing
BITS Info Session (Backcountry-Intro-To-Skiing or Split-boarding) - Session 3
Excited about BITS? Maybe you've never heard of it... In the intro session we will cover the basics of the BITS program: what to expect on ACC ski tours, Gear, Fitness, Downhill Ability, Trip Planning/Navigation, Practical Avalanche Knowledge.
BITS is a peer led mentoring program consisting of an introductory classroom session followed by a series of beginner focused ski tours designed to help you progress as a backcountry skier. Upon completion of the program participants should feel capable of attending a variety of easy and moderate ski trips with the ACC Calgary section.
If you plan to attend any of the Backcountry Intro to Skiing (BITS) Events this year, please attend one of the info sessions. This info session is in person. If you have not already attended a session you should. Please advise the trip coordinator if you wish to attend virtually, arrangements can be made. You only need to attend one information session. If you are new to backcountry skiing, or new to skiing with the club, but do not plan on enrolling in BITS, please feel free to attend.
*You need to register for the BITS program here, and this event, the information session, separately.
- Intro Session (you only need to attend one of the intro sessions) - open to everyone
- Session 1 - Nov 2, 2021 (virtual via ZOOM)
- Session 2 - Oct 28, 2021 (virtual via ZOOM)
- Session 3 (for anyone who didn't attend session 1 or 2) - Dec 4 at 9:30 am at 1616 9 St NW, Calgary (my house) or virtually by request
2. BITS ski dates are: Dec 18, Jan 15, Feb 12, and if one of these days gets cancelled Feb 26.
Process of Registering for BITS
- Sign up for an Info Session
- Sign up for the program: BITS Program Registration
- Complete application: 2021-22 Application Form
- Make Payment. Email receipt to Kate.
If you have any questions please contact Kate at email@example.com.