BITS 2020-2021-- Trip 3-- Group Split2 - Saturday, Mar 06, 2021

PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.

You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up.
The Basics:
Event Type: Skiing 
Event Location: TBD 
Date(s) & Time:   Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 08:00 AM  
Registration Cut Off:   Friday, Mar 05, 2021 08:00 PM  
Event Duration: One Day 
Difficulty Rating:   D2 - See Conversion Chart  
Trip Coordinator(s):   Kate Snedeker
Ryan Fox

Participant Info:
Who's Invited:   Members Only  
Attendee Screening:   Attendees are Pre-Screened
Maximum Group Size: 6
Maximum No. Guests: 0
Minimum Group Size: 6
Maximum No. Guests Per Member: 0
Number Registered So Far:   5 (View sign-ups, waiting list)
Are Dogs Permitted:   No

BITS Program - 2020-2021 - Trip 3 Group Split2

This will be the third BITS trip of the year, and is for participants placed in Group Split2.

This will be an easy to moderate date, with a focus on backcountry and avalanche safety skills. The location will be determined prior to the trip based on conditions and weather.

Please ensure that you re-read the information provided in the BITS program sign up (Nov 29 event) with regards to gear, homework and trip planning.
Your leader should contact you via e-mail 5-7 days prior to the trip to discuss location/timing/preparation. If you are unable to make this trip, please withdraw yourself via the calendar and let your trip leader know.
We ask that you please pre-fill and print out the waiver in advance. Do NOT sign - that needs to be done in person. We suggest bringing your own pen. If printing is an issue, please let you leader know in advance.
If you have any questions, please contact the BITS coordinator:
Required Items to Bring:
AT Skis or Splitboard, Skins, Poles, Avy Gear (3 Antennae beacon, shovel, probe), warm layers, mittens/gloves, toque, food, water, ski straps, other gear as per the gear list in the presentation. Face mask & hand sanitizer

Recommended Items to Bring:
Helmet, sunscreen, lip protection, neck gaiter

The Calgary Section COVID-19 policy is outlined here. If you have any questions, please contact the BITS coordinator ( prior to your trip.

Cancellation/Partial Attendance:
Please review our participant responsibility guidelines!

Addendum to policy below: Refunds will be considered if a participant has to withdraw from at least 2 of 3 BITS trips for COVID isolation/quarantine related reasons. Please contact the BITS coordinator if applicable.

*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.

Trip Feedback
If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.

Registration for this event closed on Friday, March 05, 2021 at 08:00 PM.