The plan is to go ski Mount Field on Thursday. Its an ultra classic ski tour. Mount Field is approximately 20 km return with an elevation gain of 1450m, we'll probably ski an additional 200 - 300m vertical for a total of 1800m. There are likely a lot of tracks from this weekend, but oh well, we'll probably find something worth skiing.
If you are interested please sign up to the waitlist.
Screening considerations: You should be capable of managing double diamond terrain, and easily skiing diamond terrain at the ski resort. You should have sufficient fitness to ski a big day, >1500m and 20km, at a reasonable pace (~300m elevation gain per hour). The access road is flat, we'll have to skin both ways, this makes the day longer than other equivalent length tours. If we haven't skied together, or only skied together once or twice, please send me a note to email@example.com and provide the information listed at this link.
Required Items to Bring:
3 Antenna transceiver with mark function, shovel,
280+ cm probe, skis/splitboard, skins, shades, puffy,
etc. Lots of food and water.
Recommended Items to Bring:
Please let me know if you will be bringing any group
gear: First Aid Kit, Snow saw, repair kit, tarp,
InReach/Spot, fire starting.
How to Get There:
Carpool Departure Time:
1616 9 Street NW, Calgary
We will take my vehicle, please plan accordingly.
Please let me know your license plate number ahead of
Please let me know of any medical issues or necessary return times that may affect our trip beforehand. If you are an aspiring trip leader and would like to co-lead please let me know.
Waiver: Everyone attending this event will be required to sign the
at the beginning of the event. Read the waiver carefully to ensure you fully
understand it. If possible, please print and fill it out except for
the signature fields before arriving at the event.
*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.
Trip Feedback If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.
Registration for this event closed on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 07:00 PM.