Thurs May 16: drive to stay in a hostel
May 17: Ascend to Icefield & set up camp (route TBD)
May 18-19: Hopefully conditions will allow for
some ski ascents. Read a book, build snow
sculptures, drink in camp if we're in a white-
May 20: Descend to car; opportunity for summit
bagging may present themselves on the way.
The basecamp location will depend on forecast,
weather window, conditions, and group
makeup/aspirations. Proposed locations include
(A) the Twins / Stutfield col, providing access
to the Twins, Stutfields, and Cromwell;
(B) top of Athabasca glacier, provindg access
to Andromeda, Snow Dome, Kitchener, Castleguard.
Flexibility is important - dates may shift
slightly depending on weather window.
List will be coordinated with participants closer
to the trip dates.
How to Get There:
Carpool Departure Time:
Logistics may require setting up vehicles at both
Saskatchewan Gl. & Athabasca Gl. accesses
As we may not know you well, please send info
to firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Describe any recent multi-day self-supported
ski traverses/winter camping you have done
- Describe your crevasse rescue and glacier
- Describe your back country ski experience,
including names & emails of possible references
- Any group gear that you may have: winter tent
[Make/Model/# ppl], stove [Make/Model], fuel
canisters [# +
mL], glacier rope - 30m x 8mm min), group 1st
aid [details], repair kit [details], emergency
pickets, GPS / PLB / InReach or Spot
- Do you have a groundsheet if we are using a
Megamid tent (has no floor)?
- Provide make/model/capacity for ppl & gear of
A go-no go decision will have to be made closer
to the trip.
Group size & composition TBD.
*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.
Trip Feedback If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.
Registration for this event closed on Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.