Paul has graciously offered to take my place and
trip for Rock Review! Please give a huge shout of
to Paul for keeping this trip alive when you get
Rock Review cragging day! Crag has not been chosen
will be closer to the date. Ideally, it'll be one
with a range of
grades from ~5.8 to 5.12 and beyond. Please feel
free to email
suggestions to areas that you would like to go to
Potential areas are:
Black Feather Canyon
This list is not final and can/will be
Wherever the majority would like to go is a place
I'm up for!
Main goal for the day is to enjoy the time outside
and have a
great time as a group regardless of location.
For the event, I'll be more than happy to set up a
topropes but if you're comfortable leading and
anchors, that would be ideal!
Note that preference will be given to those
leading and building anchors if registration nears
Plan for the Day
The plan is to meet either at Rafter Six Ranch at
10:00 AM (for
those staying the Friday night or for those wanting
from there) OR meeting at the crag day use
10:30 AM. Climb as
much as possible then leave the crag around around
to be back at the Ranch in time for dinner!
I will hopefully be reserving club ropes and anchor
kits for the
day, but if
you could bring your own gear to ensure that we
that would be fantastic!
If you do plan on bringing personal
gear, please tell me in the notes section
Friendly reminder that helmets are mandatory for
climbing and belaying. Please don't forget to
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to
get in touch
with me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone
If anyone would like to co-lead this event with
let me know! The more leaders we get for this, the
group size we can have.
Required Items to Bring:
Helmet (strictly required - no helmet - no climbing),
locking carabiner, belay device, climbing shoes.
Recommended Items to Bring:
Sport climbing gear, your own rope (if you don't
people top roping on it; I will potentially be
bringing club ropes
if enough are free for the wekeend), water, snacks,
*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.
Trip Feedback If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.
Registration for this event closed on Friday, June 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM.