Early Season Ski Tour - Saturday, Nov 17, 2018

PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Once you've reviewed the event details, and decided you'd like to join us, you MUST sign up at the bottom of this page.

You are STRONGLY encouraged to read this page in its entirety before signing up.
The Basics:
Event Type: Skiing 
Event Location: TBC 
Date(s) & Time:   Saturday, Nov 17, 2018 07:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 07:00 AM @ Carpool lot by COP)  
Registration Cut Off:   Friday, Nov 16, 2018 07:00 PM  
Event Duration: Day Trip 
Difficulty Rating:   D2 - See Conversion Chart  
Trip Coordinator(s):   Darren Mazzei
Tyler Hallman

Participant Info:
Who's Invited:   Members Only  
Attendee Screening:   Attendees are Pre-Screened
Maximum Group Size: 6
Maximum No. Guests: 0
Minimum Group Size: 3
Maximum No. Guests Per Member: 0
Number Registered So Far:   6 (View sign-ups, waiting list)
Are Dogs Permitted:   No

Let's go for an early season tour. If avalanche conditions are low to moderate we will try to get some turns, but if conditions are considerable we will go for a tour. We are currently thinking the backcountry outside Sunshine (Wawa Ridge or Twin Cairns), Healy Creek or Helen Shoulder. The final decision will be made by the group at the carpool on Saturday morning. If it doesn't snow as much as expected we will cancel the trip on Friday night. Please be aware the the snow pack is low right now so skinning below treeline is a bit of a bushwack. If you are uncomfortable skiing out a luge track with tight trees I would not sign up for this event.
Required Items to Bring:
Pack for a full day outing at an average pace. Avi gear, emergency first aid kit, food, water, extra layers.

How to Get There:
Carpool Departure Time:   07:00 AM
Carpool Location:   Carpool lot by COP
Carpool Directions:   Please make a contribution towards the cost of gas and maintenance to your carpool driver.

If you are interested please sign up and send an email to the trip coordinator(s) with your experience level, including your fitness level, ski ability and avalanche/crevasse rescue knowledge.

Cancellation/Partial Attendance:
Please review our participant responsibility guidelines!

*Cancellation Policy*: If a participant is unable to attend a paid course or trip, there will be no refund unless the participant finds a suitable replacement that is acceptable to the trip coordinator. Acceptable waiting list candidates will have priority. It will then be the participant's responsibility to recover funds from the replacement. If the coordinator cancels an event, participants get a refund (less any non-recoverable costs). Note that ACC National does not refund hut fees due to weather, delay, closures, or any other reasons. The Calgary Section of the ACC is a not for profit club and we only charge attendees what it costs us to provide courses or trips.

Trip Feedback
If you have any feedback, positive or negative, concerning this trip or any other, we want to hear from you!
Click here to be directed to our "Contact Us" page and contact the appropriate Chair person or the Section Chair. This is also a simple way to make your section executive aware of any praises, suggestions or problems you may have with any area of the Calgary Section of the ACC.
Thank you for your response.

Registration for this event closed on Friday, November 16, 2018 at 07:00 PM.